Saudi Arabia 2006

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Well folks, I'm thinking this is my final post. We fly from Riyahd to Dammam tomorrow and then off to Amsterdam. After a six hour layover I head to Sea-Tac and then on to PDX in Portland before truckin' back to ol' Newport, OR. I hope you've learned a little about Saudi Arabia, it's people and culture. My understanding of the Kingdom has grown to new levels and my appreciation and love of the common Saudi will remain with me long after I am home. Thanks for joining me virtually and stay in touch. If you want to learn more about Saudi Arabia, oil, and Islam I would love to talk with you more. Or you can do as the first word of the Holy Koran says, "Read".

As I said at the beginning of this BLOG: Three cities, two weeks, and one trip of a lifetime!

Ma'assalama... peace be with you...

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Langley's said...

Thank so much Mr. H for sharing.
You have the best blog Saudi pics too.
I (jo) started leaaving comments more in depth to a couple of Saudi bloggers.
They have been explaining life outside the designated Saudi wall were most don't mix.
Learning about how the law/politics/and muslim faith all have been trying to interact so the faith can stay intact yet the economy and education of Saudi can grow.

Alot like here with our faith and being in the world too.

Pretty much boils down to personal responsibility on how we live day to day. : )

We will relive the blog pics over and over as it was a great family interactive experience.

God Blesss Love Chris and Jo Npt

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Bob S said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the tale, Doug. I enjoyed your trip.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Ann said...

We're looking forward to having you back...if you can get through the snow! Two hour delay to school today & the flakes keep falling.
Did you pick up any books in English while there? Be ready to share next week at First Thursday, when I will be sure to bring something containing dates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home